Sunday, May 10, 2009

Homemade Musical Instruments

Okay, for those of you who know me, know very well on how I feel about where children should play musical instruments, far far away from me. But what better way to overcome my annoyance than to imbrace it by making home made instruments. We save any thing that would be a cool instrument. Like shoe boxes and paper towel rolls. Also, water bottles and extra little noodles. Save anything and be creative. It's really fun to see his imagination run wild.

I love how the wrong eye is open. Too cute.
Our guitar body.
We covered it with wrapping paper. The hard part of it all is not to take over.

I let him decorate it with some cool stickers. He was very sticker happy.
So, here's the good, bad, and the ugly. The fun parts were making a fabulous guitar for Lincoln for him to rock out on. But, the bad is me taking over. The ugly part was making him wait while I put the rubberbands on. Not my finest moment. But all in all it was a blast.

1 comment:

  1. Tabby you're awesome!!!! Love the guitar! So I want some more activities okay really just ideas for me too! What a good idea to make sure you have FUN with your kids!!!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete