Sunday, May 10, 2009

I pledge allegiance to the flag.....

My friend Liz taught her son how to say the Pledge of Allegiance. They say it every morning to the flag. I thought it was such a great idea to help my child become more patriotic. It's been really fun to say and teach him on the drives that we take. We turn the radio down and he repeats it to me until he is ready to be done practicing. The one thing I have noticed since we have done this, is how many flags there are flying around. Now that he knows all of the words, he says it everytime he sees a new flag and says, "I pledge allegiance to that flag". It is simply adorable. We now count how many flags we find on the way to wherever we are going. Thank you Badger Family for the flag that hangs in his room.

2 comments:

  1. yay...i got a little teary. love my little linc man and you are very welcome for the flag. what should we teach them next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool!!! I loved it. Especially listening to it at this time of year. Tabitha he is just so cute!! What a great Mom you are.

    ReplyDelete